I don't like being away from you for this long.
I feel like things are weird now... like I can't talk to you.
I feel like I should tell you something really important because I haven't talked to you in a while...
but alas, there is nothing really important to say.
Here's a list of little snippits of our week, anyway.
Just the regular ol' stuff.
1. This past weekend I got to go be with some of my favorite people and do what I like most in the whole world: chat and eat. I got to talk to college girls about Jesus and my pantry. It was awesome. Well, awesome for me...I don't know about for them.
2. Spending the weekend with college girls made me very aware that I need to buy some new clothes...cooler clothes...college clothes.
4. This was my P52 picture for this week (Week 2). You've already seen it, but I didn't want you to think that I flaked out on my new project only 2 weeks in....although don't put it past me. I'm like that.
5. We had two snow days last week. As a South Georgia girl, I'm always infatuated with the snow that we get here in Macon 1 or 2 times a year. I am not as infatuated with the steep icy driveway that follows the snow. It's scary, man.
6. Thanks to a sweet friend, I started reading One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp today. It is rocking my world. I love it. Have you read this? Have you heard of it? Talk to me...
7. Speaking of gifts, many of you have asked me how I like my stainless cookware. I love it. It's beautiful and shiny and those glass lids are revolutionizing my kitchen experience. It's taking me a while to get used to them...I've burned quite a few things so far. I'm learning the joys of cooking on "low." Best of all, we're no longer consuming Teflon flakes in our scrambled eggs.
8. I finally saw Inception on Monday. Will someone tell me what happened in the end? Was he dreaming? I hope not.
9. I've been sneaking Jack into the bed after David falls asleep at night. I use the word "sneaking" lightly, but Jack really does lay so still and quiet in the bed...like he knows we're pulling a fast one.
10. Speaking of sleep, we've been sleeping in our guest bedroom. Our neighbor's Christmas lights this year reached "Christmas Vacation" status. He had hundreds of lights...all blinking...to music. It really was fun. But then, all the lights were streaming in through our bedroom windows and it started wearing on my rentinas and inhibiting my REM cycles. We love our neighbor and didn't want to bother him, so we just started sleeping in the guest bedroom. He cut his lights off this week, but we're still sleeping in the guest room. It's like sleeping in a hotel. I like it.