photo greener grass logo new_zpsew0enxyv.png  photo stitches copy_zpsp3oydyai.png

 photo about_zpshba0art5.png  photo shop_zps24sfyl5o.png  photo workshops_zpsycwnndbh.png  photo craft parties_zps5jskxbkf.png  photo tutorials_zpscfm8kqak.png  photo contact_zpsfhv565sj.png

And We're Back...

Whew. I think my photo crisis is over. I hope so, anyway.
A lot of google research, a Flickr account, and 25 dollars later...all is well.
And on Flickr it says "pro" by my name, which makes me feel legit.
I missed you guys.
I didn't realize how much fun I was having sharing the monotony of our lives until I couldn't do it anymore.
Isn't that a country song?
If not, Nashville needs to get on that.
It'd be gold record material fo' shaw.

IMG_4099

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to:

We've been watching our garden grow. Our plants are all getting so big! I can't wait to show you how great the garden looks. You won't even recognize the little baby sprouts from my greenhouse.

IMG_4156

I've been watching "Toddlers and Tiaras" on Netflix. I can't stop myself. I'm thinking of getting a flipper, a spray tan, and a hair piece for Lady.
Please send help.

IMG_4172

We went to Fitzgerald to spend Easter with my family. I ate a shameful amount of strawberry shortcake. On Sunday, when we were walking out of the Easter church service, a cute little blonde teenage girl said my husband was cute and she wanted to marry him. I told her that she better back off my man or I'll meet her in the parking lot.
Don't you hate it when you have to be that way at church?

Just kidding. I told her she would be a lucky girl if she could marry a man as sweet as Dave and who wears bow ties and Harry Potter glasses.

IMG_4090

We watched the final episode of "24". I don't know what we're going to do now. I realize that this was a long time ago for most of you, but didn't watching Jack in the final scenes looking up at the drones make you feel like he was actually in his own version of "The Truman Show."

Can we talk about how great "The Truman Show" is? I love that movie.

IMG_4082

I just finished Cold Sassy Tree. It was so good. One of my all time favorites. Olive Ann Burns paints a perfect picture of the dynamics of a small southern town. I'm thinking about making a little list at the end of every month of the books I've read to help me keep up with what I read and to spread the word about awesome books. Whatchathinkaboutdat?

IMG_4161

David's track team won their state track meet. He's so proud of his little team. I'm proud of him. I'm also glad that track season is over so he can come home a little earlier in the day and have his Saturdays back. Way to go, Vikings!

IMG_4165

Last night, we went to the grocery store and bought a whole chicken so I can make this. I get nervous when I cook meat with bones in it. I think it stems from a childhood encounter with a pork chop that I'm still pretty shaken up about. I'm going to cross my fingers, give myself a pep talk, and hope for the best. I may even wear a black oxford shirt so I can best channel my inner Barefoot Contessa. Stay tuned...

IMG_4167

I'll be back tomorrow.
Pinkie Promise.
Melissa "Comeback" Dark

P.S. These pictures have nothing to do with this post...They're just randoms from our Spring Break trip.

P.S.S. Sometimes David calls me "Megz" for reasons that are unclear. It's endearing nonetheless.

P.S.S.S. Other times he calls me "Robo-Legz." I have no explanation for this phenomenon.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I've missed this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say how proud I am of you for bringing this awesome blog back up online. You are CTU material! Great pics. Even better post. The blog has been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK goodness! I was getting worried. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are too cute! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too funny! and that monster truck is AWESOME! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the monster truck! And sometimes I find myself watching Toddlers and Tiaras!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips